AllFinancialMatters

A personal finance blog dedicated discussing such topics as budgeting, asset allocation, 401K, IRA, cash flow, insurance, financial planning, portfolio management, and other areas in personal finance.

Google
 
Web allthingsfinancial.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Good Morning All - Morning Comments

I hope to have part VI of my "Getting Organized" series posted later today.

I received an email from iShares today. The 12 iShares that they are splitting will start trading at their split prices today. They also sent me a link to a helpful FAQ page that you may want to check out.

For those of you with kids, you may want to check out AllowanceMagic. David has put together a booklet about allowances that is written on their level. You can order it at his website for $8.95. It's a neat little book and may be helpful in teaching your kids financial responsibility.

There's a pretty cool blog I found a couple of weeks ago called TheSuccessRulebook. He has some excellent posts on getting things done and success in general.

Finally, I got my signed copy of David Allen's Getting Things Done (GTD) yesterday. I read about this book through 43Folders and To-Done!, two blogs I wrote about in this post. 43Folders has a really nice tutorial of GTD that you can read here. One thing I thought was kind of funny in the book is that he knocks Stephen Covey's methods without actually saying Covey's name. I kind of thought that GTD would be an addition to Covey's methods, not competition. Anyway, you'll have to see for yourself. I hope to post updates as I work my way through the book.

Tags: , ,