AllFinancialMatters

A personal finance blog dedicated discussing such topics as budgeting, asset allocation, 401K, IRA, cash flow, insurance, financial planning, portfolio management, and other areas in personal finance.

Google
 
Web allthingsfinancial.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Deal That's Not Really a Deal

This is kind of humorous. My wife received a magazine subscription offer from Better Homes and Gardens. It was for a two-year subscription for "only" $14.97, which isn't a bad deal. But, upon further reading, I found out it was $14.97 PLUS $6.00 postage and handling. It's kind of like saying, "Sure, you can subscribe to the magazine for $14.97 but if you want it delivered, you have to pay $6.00 more."

What do companies expect to accomplish with this kind of stuff? I don't know about you, but it ticks me off when I think the price of something is one thing and then find out later that there was some sort of hidden fee. Just tell me the WHOLE price upfront and allow me to make an educated decision as to whether or not I want to buy it.

I'm curious as to what you guys think about this.

Tags: ,