AllFinancialMatters

A personal finance blog dedicated discussing such topics as budgeting, asset allocation, 401K, IRA, cash flow, insurance, financial planning, portfolio management, and other areas in personal finance.

Google
 
Web allthingsfinancial.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I Love a Bargain

I took the kids to the library today. Our library has a little room with a few shelves of books for sale for $1.00 each for hardbacks and $.50 for paperbacks. I always go in there just to see what they have. Well, today I found a copy of David Swensen's Pioneering Portfolio Management, a book I had been wanting to order for quite a while but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I also found a copy of Optimal Investing by Scott P. Frush. This is a book I had never heard of before today. But, since it was only $1.00 I figured I'd give it a shot. The best part is, both of these books look brand new. Based on their retail prices, I saved $60.95.

It was a good day!