AllFinancialMatters

A personal finance blog dedicated discussing such topics as budgeting, asset allocation, 401K, IRA, cash flow, insurance, financial planning, portfolio management, and other areas in personal finance.

Google
 
Web allthingsfinancial.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Read the Fine Print on Your Credit Card Agreements

I know, I know, you hear this all the time. But, this time, it is actually beneficial to read the fine print on your credit card's privacy policy. Why? Because, according to Money magazine, they might contain useful information like who's looking at your account and what you can do to stop it.

One other thing I learned from the little article is that banks are allowed to share your personal information with "affiliated companies." What does "affiliated" mean? I'm not exactly sure. Money says that you should scan your privacy statements and zero in on the word "affiliates." That's probably not a bad idea. I know I'm going to spend some time reading my statements.

Oh, and if I find out any interesting tidbits while reading mine, I'll share them.