Millionaires in the U.S.
Here's some interesting facts regarding millionaires:
- Households worth $3 million or more earned 34% of their money from investment gains.
- The affluent held 9% of their assets in cash.
- 30% of the affluent make most of their financial decisions without the help of a professional.
- 10% let their advisors make all the decisions.
- The number of households with a net worth of at lest $5 million rose 38% last year to 740,000, up from 480,000 in 2001.
- Millionaire households controlled $11 trillion in assets in 2004, up 8% from 2003.
Interesting stuff. I can't wait to join the ranks. So far, we are about 20% of the way there.
Tags: Becoming a Millionaire, Millionaire Households in the U.S.