AllFinancialMatters

A personal finance blog dedicated discussing such topics as budgeting, asset allocation, 401K, IRA, cash flow, insurance, financial planning, portfolio management, and other areas in personal finance.

Google
 
Web allthingsfinancial.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Okay, This is Funny

Go over to It's Your Money and read this post. BE SURE AND READ THE COMMENTS TOO (PARTICULARLY THE SECOND COMMENT). Anyway, I thought it was so funny that I made my wife read it too. Of course it reminds me of my own story:

About six years ago we took the kids to this Halloween Carnival. I was running low on gas but thought: "ah, I can make it. Then I'll get gas on the way home." Well, of course on the way to the gas station we run out of gas. We were about a mile from home and had a 4 year old and a 2.5 year old sitting in the back seat. My wife wasn't too happy either!

So, I came up with a plan. I had a 5 gallon gas can at home. I would run home grab the gas can, hop in the Honda and come back and fill the car up. So, I told my wife and off I went. Running in the dark all the way home.

I get home go in the house to get the Honda keys but they are NO FREAKIN' WHERE TO BE FOUND! I couln't find them anywhere. Well, this really ticks me off! I'm wondering how the heck I'm going to get a 5 gallon container of gas to our car. They are pretty darn heavy - too heavy to lug a mile. So, I figured out that I would strap it into the Baby Jogger stroller that we had and run back to the car.

That's what I did. I got all the way back to the car huffing, puffing, and of course, cussing. I fill the car up and get back in. My wife is sitting there very quiet. I tell her that I couldn't find the bleeping keys and asked her if she had them. Of course she had them in her purse!

The funny thing was: I ASKED her before I left to go get the gas if she had the keys and she said no without looking in her purse! But, it was really my fault for letting the car get so low on gas!

Anyway, it is a funny story now, nearly six year later.