AllFinancialMatters

A personal finance blog dedicated discussing such topics as budgeting, asset allocation, 401K, IRA, cash flow, insurance, financial planning, portfolio management, and other areas in personal finance.

Google
 
Web allthingsfinancial.blogspot.com

Monday, June 13, 2005

Complaining Sometimes Pays Off!

Okay, two examples:

The first one: I bought a two-pack of Scotch Super Glue Gel made by 3M. When I went to super glue my flip flop (yes, I'm so cheap that I glue my flip flops together!), I opened the tube and found out it had nothing in it! So, I opened the second tube. It had something in it, but it was such a small amount that it wasn't enough to do the job correctly.

So, I got on the internet, found the 3M website, and wrote an email to the company explaining the situation. A couple of hours later, I got an email back from the company telling me that they would make it right. I forgot about it until today when I got a box from 3M containing two tubes of Super Glue and some coupons for some of their other products.

The second one: I didn't actually complain in this instance, but it is a good story of how customer service SHOULD BE DONE! I had to take the kids with me today to run some errands. It was hot so we stopped at the local Cold Stone Creamery that opened just this past weekend. We all placed our orders and when it came time to pay, I pulled out my debit card. The cashier took it to their machine and was gone for a really long time. She came back and told me that the machine was down and asked if I had any cash. Of course, I didn't have any cash, that's why I was paying with my debit card. Anyway, she told me that they were having trouble with the machine and asked me if I could wait, which was fine with me since I wasn't about to let the kids back into the car with ice cream cones. Anyway, a few minutes later she told me that she was sorry about the wait and she didn't charge me for one of the cones since I had to wait.

Now that I think about it, I should have remembered her name so that I could call her manager and tell him what a great employee he has. Oh well, I get her name next time when we go back!

Tags: , ,