AllFinancialMatters

A personal finance blog dedicated discussing such topics as budgeting, asset allocation, 401K, IRA, cash flow, insurance, financial planning, portfolio management, and other areas in personal finance.

Google
 
Web allthingsfinancial.blogspot.com

Monday, June 20, 2005

You Need a Budget (YNAB) for Excel - Quick Review

I first heard about You Need a Budget in a review I read on the Frugal for Life blog. I thought I'd do my own quick review. I hope to add to this review as I get more acquainted with the program.

If you are an Microsoft Excel user and are in need of a personal budgeting system, you might want to check out You Need a Budget (YNAB), which really gives you a lot for the price. I have been reviewing the software for the last couple of days. It's a pretty good substitute for both Money and Quicken, especially when you factor in the $19.99 price.

When you first download the software and open it up, it can be a little intimidating. But, all you have to do is click on the "Setup" tab and it is pretty much straight-forward from there. The software has a lot of neatly-organized categories and you can easily add categories if necessary (just follow the instructions on the page).

That's all I have time for now. For those who are interested, you can check out YNAB.

Tags: , ,