AllFinancialMatters

A personal finance blog dedicated discussing such topics as budgeting, asset allocation, 401K, IRA, cash flow, insurance, financial planning, portfolio management, and other areas in personal finance.

Google
 
Web allthingsfinancial.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Sorry for the Lack of Blogging

I have been really busy today. We have a fair coming up in October and I am on a committee in charge of finding volunteers to help park cars. It's a lot of fun trying to get people to volunteer their time. Anyway, my mission this week is to fill 20 slots and so far I only have 3 filled. Wish me luck.

UPDATE: Here are my calling stats from yesterday (Monday):

49 Dials
18 Not Available
13 Left Messages
13 No - They can't or won't be able to volunteer
3 Yes - They will volunteer
2 Maybe - They have to check their schedules (I'm not optimistic)

Considering that I am working off a membership roster (that is full of names of men that understand that this is a volunteer organization), these numbers stink. I hope I do much better today. Based on those numbers, I have a 6.12% "closing rate" (3/49 = .0621). In order to find 20 volunteers, I need to make 327 calls (20/.0612 = 327).

I have some good stuff in mind for this blog. Stay tuned...