AllFinancialMatters

A personal finance blog dedicated discussing such topics as budgeting, asset allocation, 401K, IRA, cash flow, insurance, financial planning, portfolio management, and other areas in personal finance.

Google
 
Web allthingsfinancial.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Cheap Printer Ink

File this under "frugal."

I bought an HP OfficeJet 7410 All-in-One a couple of months ago. I love it. What I don't love is the price of ink! It's ridiculous how much they charge for ink! The 7410 takes two cartridges: No. 96 and No. 97. By the time you add in sales tax for the two cartridges, it comes to over $70. That's roughly 15% of the price I paid for the machine!

Unfortunately, my town is small enough that we don't have a Cartridge World or someplace that can refill cartridges. Besides, from what I have read the quality of refills just isn't as good as new cartridges. I tried refilling them myself once but found it to be a messy waste of time.

Anyway, have any of you had any success in finding cheaper ink jet alternatives? Please comment and let the rest of us know.

Tags: , ,