AllFinancialMatters

A personal finance blog dedicated discussing such topics as budgeting, asset allocation, 401K, IRA, cash flow, insurance, financial planning, portfolio management, and other areas in personal finance.

Google
 
Web allthingsfinancial.blogspot.com

Monday, June 20, 2005

Way OT: Fun With Telemarketers

Okay, you're going to see the mean side of me.

I'm willing to bet that upwards of 75% of the calls we get daily are telemarketers. Most of the time I don't answer the phone. However, sometimes I like to answer and have fun with them. Here's some of the things I have done:

1. They ask to speak with someone so I'll be real cheery and say "sure you can speak with them. Hold on a second." I'll put the phone down and just leave it there for several minutes. Eventually they hang up.

2. I'll answer the phone and just keep saying "hello" over and over again.

3. I'll let them do their spill and then hang up. Of course I'm working while they're talking.

4. Sometimes I just give the phone to my one-year old daughter.

Those are a few of things I do. Yeah, I know it's mean. But, that doesn't mean it isn't fun!

Tag: