AllFinancialMatters

A personal finance blog dedicated discussing such topics as budgeting, asset allocation, 401K, IRA, cash flow, insurance, financial planning, portfolio management, and other areas in personal finance.

Google
 
Web allthingsfinancial.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Finding Time to Manage Your Finances

Terri Cullen, author of the Fiscally Fit column of the Wall Street Journal, has written a useful article (free) with helpful tips on finding the time to manage your finances. There's no doubt that managing your finances can take up a big chunk of your time, especially if you are a do-it-yourselfer.

Some things I have done to make things easier for me is put all my finances in one drawer in my desk. All aspects of our finances are right next to me, easily accessable. I also have one place where all the incoming mail is gathered. I try to go through the mail daily and any bills I find go into a "Bill Due" folder. Then, I sit down twice a month and pay bills. I use Wells Fargo's Bill Pay (which recently did a site redesign that makes it much easier to use now) to schedule payments that are a week or two away.

That's pretty much what I do. I would be interested to hear from my readers as to what they do that might be helpful to the rest of us. Please share.

Tags: , ,